St. Domingo's FC – The Toffees Shop
10% Off All Jackets Through September
Cart 0

St. Domingo's FC

From a Sunday School 11 to the Greatest Football Team...

In 1878, Everton Football Club were formed, and they were known as “St. Domingo’s Football Club”. The club was called St. Domingo’s because they were named after the St Domingo’s Methodist Church located on Breckfield Road North, between St. Domingo Vale and St. Domingo Grove, where Reverend Ben Swift Chambers created a football team for the winter. They played their first match at home against Everton Church Club and won 1-0. Everton Church Club failed to progress to same the heights in later years 🙂